Rss Feed

Facebook Vs Twitter













It has just dawned on me that i do not remember when i joined facebook, i think it was maybe around 2006, thats when i finally clicked on the invitations to join.
Having been a very active hi5 user, i was a bit sceptical about it, but as i continued using it, i loved it, and hence the start of a very terrible addiction.
I deleted all my other social networking accounts like myspace, tagged, including hi5, and ever since i have never turned back.
I remember the first time i had about writing on someones 'wall' i imagined it was kinda like mspaint or something where u can draw and write stuff for people lol yeah i have a vivid imagination (like when i first heard about brain washing the first image that sprung up in my mind was someone's head being covered with a cloth and washing powder being poured over them lol)
Anyway i loved facebook at that time, the applications were really cool, wish i could remember their names though. but there was this particular one where you could edit peoples pictures and add mustaches, and bunny ears, or glitters and stars, that was cool.
i remember when fun wall was first introduced, it was a polite application which let u send cool stuff, then all of a sudden it became the new platform to send forwards for people on facebook. some of the things people sent on fun walls was soo crude dayum!!! i actually just removed that application from my profile coz it was soo irritating! thats something i definitely do not miss.
Facebook forever keeps changing and not necessarily for the better. The onslaught of mobile facebook in my opinion was to our detriment, its just feeding this terrible addiction lol
Then there was twitter...
Some of my facebook friends used to comment about twitter on their statuses, and i got a few invitations so early this year i decided to join it.
i did some research and discovered you could get sms alerts about twits and wat not and i thought 'awesome'. I registered and created my first twitter account. So during the registration process, theres some number you have to send a text to to confirm your mobile number or something of the sort. I texted it twice and it bloody kulad my money!!! Kenya apparently is not one of the lucky countrys that can get sms alerts (or am i just not doing it right?)
Anyway i did not begin twitting till like a month later and i have to say, twitter is NOT USER FRIENDLY!!! I majored in IT, and the first basic rule when developing websites is that they should be user friendly.
What the hell is @, #, RT??? those were my first thoughts. When i join a social networking site, i freaking do not wanna read the help manual!! i just wanna learn how to use it by using it!!
I first thought that the tweets that appeared on someones profile were like their wall and all the @so$so's were peoples posts, i discovered that twit replies were on a different page all together after like a month of serious twitting!!
The coolest part about twitter is ofcourse the celebrities. I love searching for new celebrities to follow
and thats about it!! I hate the fact that these celebrities are always begging to be followed yet they do not have the decency to follow their fans back!
Just the other day i heard about Facebook lite being in the works. Its basically going to be facebook's version of twitter and im not looking forward to it.
Facebook still remains my first love, my one addiction that i wonder if il ever get tired of.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just recently quit Facebook for Twitter. I downloaded this ka-something called TwitterDeck. Suddenly I could make sense of twitter .. now I'm hooked!
I think a lot of celebs have somebody working on minimum wage twitting for them .. except for Shaq teheh!

nkirdizzle said...

how dyu quit facebook for twitter??!!! thats madness!!!! seriously!! if thats wat twitterdeck made u do, then id rather not down load it :)

magaribina said...

I had a Facebook account for 3 yrs with just friend (she who invited me).I got to twitter and in seconds I had three followers. Where do you think I spend my days? :)

nkirdizzle said...

Do you get some funny followers saying ati see brittney spears giving someone head and other sick weirdos like that?? Then the number of followers you have keep fluctuating all the time, okay twitter is growing on me but facebook remains my first love.
Have you noticed how facebook has just started copying twitter by allowing you to tag someone in your status, facebook lite...

Post a Comment

What do you think?